2-3 WORKING DAY DELIVERY
Senior Contracts Manager
- Are you tired of not being able to make a difference in a big company?
- Do you feel your opportunities are limited?
- Would you like to make real contribution within a business?
- Do you think your current employer should be investing in more training and personal growth for you?
If any of these things resonate with you, read on....
Ashbrook Roofing Services is a forward thinking and dynamic family run business. We take great pride in undertaking re-roof projects and roofing repairs for many commercial, local authority and residential customers from our depot in Rowsley.
We are a business who is committed to growth, development, sustainability, and Innovation.
Ashbrook Roofing Services has grown three-fold over the last few years. A key element of our success has come through our focus on supporting and developing our colleagues to become the very best they can be. This in turn helps us to deliver to our customers a diverse range of competitively priced services backed up by extraordinary customer service, ensuring that our customers come back to us time and again.
Ashbrook Roofing Services is one of the region’s leading roofing contractors being in the industry over 45 years, specialising in standard size and diminished stone and natural slating, all types of clay and concrete tiling, bitumen pour and roll, EPDM rubber and torch-on flat roofing, along with flat and pitched lead roofing. With an enviable reputation in the area, Ashbrook Roofing Services takes enormous pride in serving a growing number of commercial, public sector and private residential customers from its Head Office in Darley Dale and Contracting depot in Rowsley.
The company is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Experienced Senior Contracts Manager to join their hard-working team, and over time become a Contracts Director with potential growth progression.
To continue our delivery of our growth focused vision, Ashbrook Roofing Services is searching for a Senior Contracts Manager who will be responsible for leading the Roofing Division to greater success.
This is a senior management role within the business and you will report directly to the Managing Director. Core elements of this role include:
- Lead, motivate, and deliver direction and energy to the Contracting department, to maximise success, fully deliver customer expectations and meet company values, as well as sales, profitability, and customer retention targets.
- Direct and oversee the department’s monthly objectives, KPI’s, and annual strategy, sales targets, and budget.
- Manage the day to day of the departments policies, processes, monthly team 1 to 1’s, recruitment strategy, and health & safety requirements. In times of need, work ‘on the tools’ to help bring in objectives.
- Communicate and oversee the daily departmental meetings, communicating the daily and weekly projects, objectives, and key tasks.
- Nurture strong and effective relationships with key customers to help deliver your strategy.
- Deliver, through the Contracting team, extraordinary levels of customer service and after sales support, through consistency and focusing on customer needs and relationships.
- Schedule and manage the day-to-day contracts work, including responsibility for Health & Safety (production of RAMS, delivery of toolbox talks, etc); supervision of sites to ensure quality of workmanship and conformance to the specification, budget and timeline; problem resolution; undertaking of roof inspections and estimates; attendance of customer meetings; ensuring customers are kept up to date with progress; and the scheduling and planning of resource and materials.
- Train and develop the Roofing Division in their knowledge and skills.
- Create new marketing opportunities online and instore through our annual customer trade day and through the creation of seasonal online product content.
- Ensure the upkeep of the sales website through the e-Commerce team, monitor Google analytics to track and improve the website function and conversion.
- Actively participate in the leadership team, contributing to strategy development of the business through monthly Senior Manager Team meetings (SMT’s). Working alongside the other Senior Managers in the organisation such as Finance, Operations, Sales, e-Commerce and Purchasing.
- Maintain a firm grasp of industry knowledge and best practices, regulations, competitor activities and seasonal trends.
Required skills & experience
- 8-year minimum roofing experience.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Team player with a positive outlook.
- Organisational and staff development skills.
- Self-disciplined with the ability to follow instructions and Health & Safety regulations.
- Communication & project management.
- Attention to detail.
- Depth of roofing technical knowledge.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Car driver with current driving licence.
The successful candidate will have a positive outlook and the determination and self-discipline to manage their busy workload and department, providing them with clear direction in terms of duties, goals and responsibilities. You will have experience gained from working within a similar role/environment and be able to demonstrate excellent roofing, organisational and staff development skills.
The role is split equally between the management and development of your team, meeting new and current customers, measuring roofs, and producing cost estimates. As such you will be comfortable using computers, have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and plans, be able to build good relationships with customers, and own a driving licence.
- A competitive salary aligned with growth in the department, profitability, and customer retention targets.
- Company pension scheme.
- The opportunity to work alongside a business coach.
- 28 days holiday.
- Free on-site parking.
- To attend NFRC seminars to increase industry knowledge and networking opportunities.
- Free technical and Health & Safety training courses.
- Separate bonus scheme based on profitability targets achieved.
- Progression to become the Contracts Director of the business.
- Training and development plans for growth.
- Staff discounts.
- Office / field-based split.
- Expensed company car, mobile phone during working hours.
- Monthly staff days, where the team can get together outside of working hours.
- The support, security, and stage to help create change in a dynamic, forward-thinking business.
We remain a family run business whose mission is to inspire, support & deliver our customers project needs.
Our vision is to improve the quality of Roofing & Building within the communities we serve by:
- Operating welcoming and efficient multi-site locations
- Stocking an inspirational range of products focusing on quality, value and price
- Offering expert advice, extraordinary level of service & after sales support
...bringing customers back time and time again.
- Positivity and open-mindedness…helps us solve challenges and makes life more fun!
- Integrity…we take ownership of what we do, behaving with respect & integrity to our customers and our colleagues.
- Commitment…we have the company targets in mind when we carry out our tasks to the very best of our ability.
- Discipline…we follow Standard Operating Procedures, do our job 'Right First Time' and always ensure the health and safety of ourselves and those around us.
- Communicative…we timely share facts and information that will help others, and we escalate when needed.
Located in Matlock, Ashbrook Roofing Services office is commutable by car from Buxton, Chesterfield, Derby, Nottingham, and Sheffield.
Apply today for your opportunity of taking a place at the driving seat of a successful and rapidly growing business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 per year