2-3 WORKING DAY DELIVERY
What is Solar Reflective Paint and what does it do?
Solar Reflective Paints, also known as Aluminium Paint, are an innovative solution to reduce the heat absorbed by buildings and structures. These paints have become increasingly popular over the years due to their ability to reduce the temperature of roofs, walls, and other surfaces, which can help lower energy costs and reduce the carbon footprint.
In this blog, we will explore the benefits and features of Solar Reflective Paints and why they are an excellent option for those looking to reduce the energy consumption of their buildings.
What are Solar Reflective Paints?
Solar Reflective Paints are high-performance coatings designed to reflect sunlight and infrared radiation, thereby reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the surface of the building. The primary function of these paints is to keep the building’s interior cooler, reducing the need for air conditioning and saving energy costs.
These paints are typically made with a high concentration of Aluminium pigments, which give them their reflective properties. They are available in a range of colours, including white, silver, and light grey, and can be applied to a variety of surfaces, including metal, concrete, and asphalt.
Benefits of Solar Reflective Paints
- Energy Efficiency: Solar Reflective Paints are an excellent option for those looking to reduce energy costs. By reflecting sunlight, these paints can significantly reduce the temperature of a building’s interior, reducing the need for air conditioning.
- Durability: These paints are highly durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, and rain. This makes them an ideal choice for buildings in areas with extreme weather conditions.
- Longevity: Solar Reflective Paints have a longer lifespan compared to traditional paints. This is because they are made with high-quality materials and have been specifically designed to withstand the elements.
- Environmentally Friendly: These paints are an environmentally friendly option as they reduce the need for air conditioning and, therefore, lower energy consumption. Additionally, they can help reduce a building’s carbon footprint.
- Versatility: These paints can be applied to a variety of surfaces, including metal, concrete, and asphalt. This makes them a versatile option for buildings of all types.
How to apply Solar Reflective Paints
Applying Solar Reflective Paints is a relatively straightforward process. However, it is essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure the best results. Here are the basic steps involved in applying these paints:
- Prepare the Surface: The surface to be painted must be clean, dry, and free of any contaminants.
- Apply the Primer: Depending on the surface, a primer may be required before applying the Solar Reflective Paint.
- Apply the Paint: Using a brush, roller, or spray gun, apply the paint to the surface evenly.
- Allow to Dry: Allow the paint to dry completely before applying a second coat.
- Apply a Second Coat: Apply a second coat of paint if required, following the same process as the first coat.
In conclusion, Solar Reflective Paints are an excellent option for those looking to reduce the energy consumption of their buildings. These paints have a range of benefits, including energy efficiency, durability, longevity, and versatility. By reflecting sunlight, these paints can significantly reduce the temperature of a building’s interior, reducing the need for air conditioning and saving energy costs. Additionally, they are an environmentally friendly option, helping to reduce a building’s carbon footprint. If you are considering applying Solar Reflective Paints to your building, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully for the best results.
Here at Ashbrook Roofing Supplies, we try to offer the best products on the market, check out our range Solar Reflective Paints here
Ashbrook Roofing remains a family run business whose vision is to inspire, support & deliver our customers project needs