2-3 WORKING DAY DELIVERY
- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your Rights
- Keeping your person information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
Who we are
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect this personal information from you either directly, (such as when you register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products or services via our website or over the telephone) or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
-details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our servicesThis website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When you register with us we will ask for your name, address and contact details (including telephone number and email address). We ask for this to create and manage your account with us, to communicate with you about your account. We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information until you either close your account with us or we close your account.
When you order through us we ask for your name, address and contact details (including telephone number and email address) and any details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media. We ask for this to create and manage your account with us, to communicate with you about your account. We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information until you either close your account with us or we close your account
When you contact us or send us feedback we will ask for your name, address and contact details (including telephone number and email address) and any details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media. We ask for this to create and manage your account with us, to communicate with you about your account. We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information until you either close your account with us or we close your account.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name, delivery address and contact details with:
- Third parties we use to help deliver our products to you, eg payment service and checkout process facilitators (including Sagepay and Paypal) and logistics solutions and including courier labelling (including Khaos Control); and
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business eg marketing agencies or website hosts or website analytic providers.
We only allow those organisations to handle your personal data if we are satisfied that they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
We or the third parties mentioned above may occasionally also need to share personal data with:
- external auditors, eg in relation to the audit of our accounts, in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
- professional advisors (such as lawyers and other advisors), in which case the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
- law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- other parties in connection with a significant corporate transaction or restructuring, including a merger, acquisition, asset sale, initial public offering or in the event of our insolvency—usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible, however, the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We require you to provide your name, address, contact details, to enable us to register an account to you and to subsequently fulfill orders. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
The impact of our use of your personal information
- secure retention of your personal information for the registering of an account
- Secure retention of your personal information for the fulfillment of orders placed with us and a record of past orders.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about products and services, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you:
- register with us; or
- complete our online order form for the first time
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- using the 'unsubscribe' link in emails;
- updating your marketing preferences on your account
It may take up to 5 working days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see 'Your rights' below.
You generally have the following rights, which you can usually exercise free of charge:
Access to a copy of your personal data - The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
Correction (also known as rectification) - The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data.
Erasure (also know as the right to be forgotten) - The right ti require us to delete your personal data
Restriction of use - The right to require us to restrict use of your personal data in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
Data Portability - The right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
To object to use - The right to object:
- at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing (including profiling)
- in certain other situations to our continued use of your personal data, eg where we use your personal data for our legitimate interests.
Not to be subject to decisions without human involvement - The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. We do not make any such decisions based on data collected by our website.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
Please contact us if you have any query or concern about our use of your information (see below ‘How to contact us’). We hope we will be able to resolve any issues you may have.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in the UK.
The UK’s Information Commissioner may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or by telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com, write to Ashbrook Roofing & Supplies Limited, Harrison Way, Darley Dale, Nr Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 2LF or call 01629 732988.